Sunday, June 12, 2011

Murnau the Vampire

I watched this a while ago, and I think Tajian watched it when I told him to.  http://www.vimeo.com/2233809.  Sorry, I can't embed it.  Here's a frame from it.
What it is, is a retelling of "Nosferatu" done entirely in blender, THE opensource 3d animation program.  It's in black and white, very often in the stark contrasts seen above (but without all that snow/noise), until near the end when red comes into play.  It's full of dramatic shots, etc.  Good soundtrack too, which is unfortunately off a bit - but I'm working on fixing it, and if I do I'll upload it.  It's not very long, either - less than half an hour.  It's especially creepy in that there is no dialogue whatsoever - not even the video of written words that were occasionally in Nosferatu.  You have to already know the story.  Anyway, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment